Saturday, March 27, 2010

our first family 5k...

It feels so good to have a personal goal achieved. Today was my very first ever 5k run/walk. Since the proceeds of the race went to support World Compassion Network, Chad and I made an executive decision to require the entire family to participate.

Even though Ellen and Emily told us they were not looking forward to this, everyone woke up this morning excited. The kids were all doing stretching exercises this morning in the living room to be ready!

The morning started out cloudy but as soon as the race began, the sun came out. Over 500 people in every state of racing took off from the starting line. Eric ran most of the race and came in first place for our family. Soon after the 1 mile marker, Emily took off on her own and after passing Ellen off to me, Chad tried to catch up with Eric. Ellen did well for a 6 year old... she conned her dad into carrying her once and she tricked me into carrying her 3 times!!
When it was all said and done though, she and I finished in 53 minutes. She even convinced me to jog several times and we both sprinted to the finish line.

Our family is now "hooked" as my friend, Tangee, said we would be! It was a wonderful!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words!