Sunday, March 07, 2010

a beautiful morning out...

Yet another Sunday morning has come and I am home with sickness. Not mine, this time...the girls. Last week it was just one girl and this week both. Two different times this week I opened my front door for a few minutes to air out my house. Can't wait to open up the entire house for a good breeze to blow these germs right out!!

I knew last night that we would be home today and so after a few minutes of planning ahead, I was able to really thank God for the rest. It's been a busy week of putting together a new Children's Church curriculum and working on yesterday's ladies' day retreat. After an incredible day with the ladies, we went to a surprise birthday party for our pastor last night. While we were there, I was able to ask my sweet friend, Mary, to take Children's Church for me today. I'm so thankful God gave me a "heads up" yesterday that I would be home today and that He gave me the opportunity to go to bed knowing that all my responsibilities for today were covered.

After sleeping in a little this morning, I was able to leave both girls home (having older kids has opened a whole new world to me...and, I must say, "I love this new world!") and go out for a walk. Here in my neck of the woods, it is another beautiful day! I just have to tell you, this morning was gorgeous! What an incredible blessing from my Creator God!!

For some reason (known only to God, I'm sure), I have this driving desire to walk a marathon. Actually, I want to walk a 5k, a 10k, a mini and a marathon. I told Chad I added this to my "bucket list" and he laughed at me! I think he's realizing that I'm a little more serious than he thought and I think I have him talked into a 5k as a family. Both my sis, Susy, and my bro, Darren, are runners. I have ZERO desire to run. In fact, I equate running with Chinese torture!! However, I have always been impressed that Susy is a marathoner. I'm not sure how many marathon's she's run but I've always been impressed that she has completed more than one. Darren is currently training for the Flying Pig in Cincinnati (not sure who first named that race....). I will so be thinking of him and praying for him when he runs it in May. And, who knows, maybe next year, I'll join him.

I only want to do these races just to be able to say that I've completed these various races. "Slow and steady wins the race" may have worked for the tortoise...I'm not expecting it to work for me. I won't be the fastest. I won't win. In fact, I very well may be the last one in but I will find great pleasure in just completing the race. I don't know if I will ever get to a completed marathon, either. But, for now, it's fun to dream.

So, on this beautiful morning out, I completed 3 miles. Only 10 more to complete a mini-marathon! The shorter goal, though, is to complete a trek around our 4.7 mile block and to finish a 5 k race. I'll let you know when I get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words!