Thursday, March 04, 2010

When I Am an Old Lady...a funny!

My friend, Michele, must have known I needed a smile and a chuckle this morning....

My day began at 3 a.m. after 3 short hours of sleep to a 6 year old who said "Mom, I have a headache". In some sort of weird way, the headache morphed into throwing up in her bed and in ours, 75 minutes of constant crying "my ear hurts!" and the finally blessed sleep (...for her) at 7 a.m.

I opted out of trying to get a little sleep. Personally, if I can't be guaranteed a 4 hour nap right now, it's not worth the 1 hour nap that I may get. So, I walked 2.4 miles today and prayed for strength. I didn't pray for joy but God sent it anyway. : )

Michele, thanks for being used of Him to bring some joy to my day! I hope you all enjoy this (G~this may be your "revenge").

When I'm An Old Lady

When I'm an old lady, I'll live with my son,
and make his life happy and filled with such fun,
I want to pay back all the joy he's provided,
returning each deed. Oh, he'll be so excited
. . . when I'm an old lady and live with my son.

I'll write on the wall with red, white, and blue;
and bounce on the furniture wearing my shoes.
I'll drink from the carton and then leave it out.
I'll stuff all the toilets and oh, will he shout!
. . . when I'm an old lady and live with my son.

When he's on the phone and just out of reach,
I'll get into things like sugar and bleach.
Oh, he'll snap his fingers and then shake his head,
and when he is done I'll hide under the bed.
. . . when I'm an old lady and live with my son.

When my son's wife cooks dinner and calls me to meals,
I'll not eat my
green beans or salads congealed.
I'll gag on my okra, spill milk on the table,
and when she gets angry, run fast as I'm able.
. . . when I'm an old lady and live with my son.

I'll sit close to the TV, thru the channels I'll click,
I'll cross both my eyes to see if they stick,
I'll take off my socks and throw one away,
and play in the mud until the end of the day.
. . . when I'm an old lady and live with my son.

And later, in bed, I'll lie back and sigh,
and thank God in prayer and then close my eyes;
and my son will look down with a smile slowly creeping,
and say with a groan, "She's so sweet when she's sleeping,"
. . . when I'm an old lady and live with my son.


Received from Laugh & Lift.

--
Rate this funny at
http://www.gcfl.net/archive.php?funny=20100304

Brought to you by GCFL.net: The Good, Clean Funnies List
A cheerful heart is good medicine... (Prov 17:22a)
Mail address: GCFL, Box 100, Harvest, AL 35749, USA

3 comments:

  1. I am going to print this and hang it on my refrigerator!!! Ha! Love it!! Thanks for sharing!

    ~S

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to move in with my daughter!!!!! I am REAL close to THAT age! :-) Ain't paybacks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I needed that, but I would add a verse. . .something about embarassing him!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!