Wednesday, March 31, 2010

the one who prays for my heart...

The past 6 months have been hard. I told a friend that following Jesus would be easy if it weren't for people. I'm okay with Jesus' words "Love the LORD your God with all your heart , mind, soul and strength." It is the "and love your neighbor as yourself" that I'm having a hard time with.

Throughout this winter, I've made several comments on this blog about how different people have been mad at me or how I have inadvertently offended someone. I'm even probably offending someone right now but I'm not sure I really care anymore.... my blog, my rules... 'nuf said.

Tonight I heard that I am an easy target. This comment was said in love and in truth. My friend, Ami, is right. I am an easy target. I don't necessarily want to be but I also don't want to be totally unapproachable and so I try to find some safe middle ground somewhere and I fail miserably.

So, my heart hurts... again. It's bruised... again. And in the middle of my pity party tonight (of which Chad got a front row seat) a still small voice whispered, "there are soooo many people who would love to be loved the way this man loves you!"

Then my man whispered to me, "I'm praying for your heart."

'nuf said.

2 comments:

  1. You have such a sweet love story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! The more I get to know about you, the more I think we are twins, separated at birth!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!