Tuesday, March 16, 2010

a love story...

I love to read and I love nothing better than a really good love story. I'm a hopeless romantic. I love the few love stories that I have read that are really, really good. You know, the ones that capture the heart and soul of a relationship...

Know what? I'm living a love story. A really, really good one. Written by the Author of love and life. He gifted me with an incredible man. Almost 16 years ago, Chad (perhaps in a moment of temporary insanity) agreed to love me, cherish me, honor me, keep himself only for me and live with me for the rest of his life. I'm sure there have been times (actually, I KNOW there have been more times than I care to count) that Chad really wondered what he had gotten himself into. Instead of giving up, Chad gave in. He gave in to loving me, cherishing me, honoring me, keeping only to me and doing all he could to live an incredible life with me. What more could I ask?

So often, I get caught up in the details of day to day life... cleaning, laundry, teaching, ministry, etc., and I forget to look at the love story. I fumble through my days just trying to get everything done. I fall into the trap of wishing or wanting things to be better or to be different. I fail to see my hero standing before me.

Lately, the Author of my love story has been reminding me of just how incredible my man is... my marriage is... my story is. I have but one regret.... I'm wish I could redo all of the days I didn't see my marriage for the love story that it is and for the times I haven't seen my man for the hero that he is.

I love a good love story and I am living the best one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words!