Monday, August 22, 2011

stopping to count...

Its been a long time since I've joined the community at Ann's to count gifts.  In fact, I'm not even sure what number I am on.  But its not about the number, its about recognizing His hand in my every day, every minute, everything.   And, so I continuing listing gifts...


... colored pens
... a quiet morning
... a clean living room
... a calendar filled with events in different colors
... toast


... a freshman field trip
... football
... bedding drying on the rail of the deck
... a week to compile Walk It... Talk It... 2011
... spending less than $3 for a new backpack and lunch box 


... finding a stadium seat for less than $5
... the freedom to go to the store by myself
... learning more and more of myself 
... discovering the leadership potential in my 2 year old nephew
... a fun lunch with my brother and sister


... learning to let go of the future and trust the Eternal
... lunch with a friend this week
... the people God has placed in my life who know more than I do and are willing to teach me
... prayers of like-minded friends
... coffee with creme brulee creamer


... a second set of sheets
... the ease at which school glue washes out
... a dog who is worse than a 2 year old
... a DVD player in our vehicle
... a very first first day of school for the girl old enough to be in 7th grade


... hearing the sounds little boys make
... deep belly laughs
... little arms wrapped around my neck
... the heavy, sweet, sweaty smell of a sleeping boy
... relying on Strength greater than my own


Time is fluid and never stops moving.  When I stop moving and reach in to allow the river of time to flow over my hands and through my fingers, in the palm of my hand, I notice the sediment that is left behind... gifts.  I count without numbers, listing those gifts from Him that consume my days. 



4 comments:

  1. "relying on Strength greater than my own" YES! I'm praying this for loved ones.

    A lovely list:)
    Visiting from Ann's place,
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving the idea of the sediment left behind. . .ah yes, the time that passes as quickly as water through our hands. . .how is it possible that we have high schoolers. . .still haven't quite wrapped my mind around that one! Or the fact that my baby goes to school this year!

    Praying for Em today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm joining you from Ann's place. I like to visit a few each week and pick a favorite gratitude. It would be hard on your list because I like them all. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words...love the sediment that is left behind. Deep belly laughs and a sleeping boy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!