Friday, July 30, 2010

reflections of decluttering...

This week I've opted to be on summer vacation.  Although, I can't break from everything, I can take a break from most things.  It's been nice.


While I've been breaking from most things, I've been decluttering... sorting through stuff that has compiled while I was busy doing other things.  I've decluttered my bedroom and kitchen.  The kids have sorted through things in their rooms and the living room is now live-able.  Slowly but surely... I'm reclaiming my world... again....


While decluttering areas in my world that everyone sees, I've also been doing some soul searching and reflecting... planning and praying.... trying to determine what needs to stay in my life and what needs to go... weeding out the clutter that weighs my heart down.


I wish I could do this once and be done... however, I know my own weaknesses.  I know I will set strong boundaries for my home and life only to lower them soon.  I know I will clean only to find a mess tomorrow.  I know I will declutter only to find piles growing in corners and closets again.  


I know I will choose to live a quieter life only to find myself on the proverbial hamster wheel next week. 


For now, though, it feels good to rest and reflect.  It feels peaceful to be putting my world in order.  It feels lighter to declutter.   


I need times like these.

3 comments:

  1. Good for you! Too bad we can't be decluttering together, so we could chat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say what a blessing you are and how much I love your posts?!?! I can always relate so easily to your words even though we're at different places in our lives. I haven't been on here hardly at all this summer... just not enough time. So, I had a free moment this afternoon and just read the last bazillion posts of yours and SO enjoyed them as always. Thank you for being so real and honest.
    Blessings,
    tara :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. decluttering is a necessary thing... even if things seem to get cluttered shortly after. I understand the "hamster wheel" feeling and long for some simplicity... looking forward to fall. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!