Saturday, October 01, 2011

starting by surrendering...

It's a linky party hosted by some of the incredible women at incourage.me.  Thirty-one days in October... thirty-one days to write what is on my heart.  


Last week, Emily introduced this year's 31 Days.  She invited all to join in and write about one subject for 31 days.  I jumped in on the comment form and told Emily I would love to participate and love to write about surrender... and how hard it is.


Then the enemy came.  I'm struggling, deep down struggling. I spent hours trying to make a blog button... and failed.  I worked on piecing together thoughts throughout the week and finally came up with an outline.  However, I feel as if it is all for naught.  I reread and realize that my thoughts are scrambled and mixed up... to the point these same thoughts don't even make sense to me.


Last night, I gave up.  I decided I wasn't going to do this.  I am bone weary and I opted to lay down rather than fight.



Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, 


   for his compassions never fail. 
They are new every morning; 
   great is your faithfulness. 
 I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion; 
   therefore I will wait for him.”
Jeremiah 3:22-24



And, then this morning came and a new lesson on surrender.  I opened Blogger and started reading.  Some of my favorite Bloggers are joining in, sharing life lessons they are learning... including my sister.  I am moved by their words on changing the worldrebuilding, spiritual formation and listening.  


I'm joining in.  Not for anyone else but for me.  I have much to learn from these women and I have much to learn from Him.  


I am starting by surrendering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words!