Monday, October 17, 2011

hope and surrender... day 17

Sitting in a large conference room with 3,000 other women worshipping God is an amazing experience.  Lifting hands in song and praise... praying and listening... learning and gleaning from those wiser than I... sitting between my mom and my sister, this is how I spent my weekend at Extraordinary Women.


And, I heard it all through the filter of my desire to learn to live a surrendered life.  



Do you not know? 
   Have you not heard? 
The LORD is the everlasting God, 
   the Creator of the ends of the earth. 
He will not grow tired or weary, 
   and his understanding no one can fathom. 
 He gives strength to the weary 
   and increases the power of the weak. 
 Even youths grow tired and weary, 
   and young men stumble and fall; 
 but those who hope in the LORD 
   will renew their strength. 
They will soar on wings like eagles; 
   they will run and not grow weary, 
   they will walk and not be faint.
Isaiah 40:28-31



Everlasting hope... a key to surrender.  


As Mama T (aka Theresa Wells) said, "Hope is knowing in your knower that some day God will do what He says He will do."  


I am choosing to surrender to the everlasting hope of the Everlasting One.



1 comment:

  1. Wish I could go to something like that, how up lifting.........

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!