Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Simple Woman's Daybook...



My sister found the simple woman's daybook and is participating in this week's daybook. Reading her post was a lot of fun (in fact, Emme read it at the library and said "Aunt Gabe's blog is funnier than yours"), so I thought I'd chime in with my own daybook....

Here is my journal page for today...

Outside my window... it is dreary, gloomy, rainy, wet, cold, etc., etc. It was a perfect day to sleep in a little and I allowed myself that simple pleasure.

I am thinking... how thankful I am for this rain. I can not imagine how a person lives in a dry climate with little rain to grow green grass and trees. Today, Emily commented on the different shades of green that there are.

I am thankful for... so, so much! My heart overflows. I'm thankful for new life in the birth of Aimee Lane this morning... thankful for my life, my husband, my children, my family and most of all my GOD!

From the learning rooms... I again thanked the LORD this morning for the opportunity to school my children at home. Years ago, I lamented that we don't have a learning room/school room. Instead, our home became the learning room. It seems like the LORD has been expanding our walls to have school overflow to the out of doors, to other places and with other people. It's amazing, really because when I take my hands of the reins and let Him guide and direct, we learn and grow much more.... He expands our learning room and teaches us so much of Him.

From the kitchen... I have turkey quiche in the oven right now. I roasted a large bird over the weekend and we have been feasting on turkey, turkey and more turkey. It's one of our favorite things! I put some in the crockpot before we went to the library today, thinking we would have soup tonight. Eric talked me into quiche. I believe the exact 13 year old words were "If you wanted to be a really good mom, you would make quiche tonight". He didn't have an answer when I asked him why my being a good mom always revolves around what I do for him.

I am wearing... my old stand by... jeans and a white 3 quarter length v-neck tee. I did have a hoodie on earlier today for something different.

I am creating... a VBS/Vacation Bible School program and curriculum, as well as another Sunday School curriculum. I'm getting excited about the children of Israel's journey through the wilderness. We'll study a bit of it at VBS in early June and then the rest of the summer's Sunday School lessons will carry on the theme.

I am reading... Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. ; ) Seriously, as well as that, I'm reading another Francine Rivers novel. I love her works!

I am hoping... to meet with my friend Anne tomorrow night for coffee and to find out that she will be willing to co-write our church's children's curriculum with me. Our little congregation has grown by leaps and bounds this winter. It's exciting to see all of the children and it's overwhelming at the same time.

I am hearing.... the dishwasher, the dryer and the 13 year old rummaging through the pantry. All the sounds of motherhood....

Around the house... all is at peace. The girls are playing American Girls in their rooms and Eric is working on a class project in the kitchen. I love times like this and on the days where everyone is bickering and arguing, I have to remind myself that sometimes it actually is peaceful in this house.

One of my favorite things... is Bible study and writing Bible curriculum. I'm learning that there is a joy to doing what God equips you to do. I love learning through writing.

A few plans for the rest of the week... school is winding down... 4 more days! So, we'll hopefully finish this week on a good note and then Monday will be our final day of school. Saturday I'm planning on making a quick trip to our local homeschool convention for some good deals.

Here are a couple of pictures...




1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your entry! I love Francine Rivers as well. and I am so thankful to be able to school at home! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!