Monday, May 10, 2010

Shopping with the 6 year old...

Just for the record, I must confess that I am not a shopper....

However, I have been known to have some really fun shopping experiences. Times with my mom when we've laughed so hard it hurt... times with girl friends that bond for life... and times with my kids when I see them for who they are and my heart smiles. Today was one of those days.

This morning the not-so-little one and I went out to do some birthday shopping for the soon-to-be eleven year old. It's so fun to take Ellen by herself. She becomes a big chatter box. She skips and flits from place to place caught up in her own 6 year old world. She sings and dances and then seemingly out of the blue she will share a serious thought out of her young heart.

I'm so thankful for today. Thankful for the times when I spend one-on-one time with each of my children. Times when my LORD gives me glimpses into their young hearts. Time to soak up.

So, for a few moments today, time stopped. Ellen and I enjoyed smoothies in the sun at our local bookstore. I watched and listened and absorbed the world of my beautiful six year old.

My soul soaked it up... for I can never reclaim those moments but I can treasure them in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words!