It's another Friday! Another day to post my 5 Favorites hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.
The wonderful, classic, 1986 movie The Princess Bride has made another surfacing at our house. The kids are enjoying it again. I have loved, Loved, LOVED this movie since I first saw it. I know, I know... it's not the most intellectually simulating movie of all time, but it makes me laugh every single time.
I have no idea how many times I have seen this movie. It probably is well over 50 and maybe even closer to 100. I can quote much of the movie. In honor of Friday Fave Five I am posting my five favorite quotes from The Princess Bride in the manner that they are said in our home...
1) "Mostly dead" This describes deep fatigue around here and begs the question "Are you dead or just mostly dead?"
2) "My name is Indigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die" Chad starts this and it is often repeated quietly at first and then with more volume and expression until we are all laughing around here!
3) "No more rhymes I mean it! Does anybody want a peanut?" this is especially funny when it randomly comes out of the mouth of the 6 year old. As with anything in life, because we've laughed at it, it's not so random anymore...
4) "LIAR!... I'm not a witch, I'm your wife and I'm not even sure I want to be that anymore!" please, please understand this is only said at times of complete hysteria at our house!!
5) "Inconceivable!" this covers most anything at our slightly neurotic home...
Chad got a new phone and downloaded the Princess Bride ringtones and so the kids have had a blast playing them over and over and over and over and over..... again. We're all kind of warped around here!
Happy Friday! Have fun stormin' the castle!!