Saturday, April 03, 2010

unleavened bread recipe...

One of my favorite "jobs" at church is to prepare the bread for our communion. Because we are a small fellowship (approx 100-110), it is not a difficult task. This is an incredible privilege because it gives me an opportunity and a time to focus in preparing my own heart while I prepare the bread for our communion table.

I tried a new recipe tonight for my family to try to see if how they liked it. This is the bread we will serve at communion during our Sunrise Service on Resurrection Day. I have to say, it's good.

Unleavened Bread
3/4 c. scalded milk
1 egg
1/4 c. honey
2 1/2 c. flour (plus additional for rolling out dough)
1/4 c. butter
1 t. salt
Scald milk and remove from heat. Stir in butter, honey and egg. Gradually add flour and salt. Knead until smooth. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness and cut in shapes (squares, rectangles, circles...). Place on a lightly oiled cookie sheet and prick with a fork. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-17 minutes.

If your family is observing the Feast of Unleavened Bread, you may appreciate the other recipes on unleavened bread that I found at best-bread-recipes.com.

2 comments:

  1. That is really neat! Thanks! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you read my mind last night :) Thanks for posting this :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!