Monday, April 12, 2010

only HIS voice would matter...

Lord I renounce my desire for human praise, For the approval of my peers, The need for for public recognition. I deliberately put these aside today, Content to hear YOU whisper, WELL Done, my faithful servant. ~Amen~

I totally just stole that quote from my friend, Amy's, facebook wall. I met Amy over 20 years ago... back in the day when the 'Ville was still a college and the idea of a university was only an oft mentioned dream of Dr. Dixon. I think, even then, this was Amy's heart's cry.

Know what? I want it to be my heart's cry too. I'm thinking most of my struggle of insecurity stems from the fact that I look to others for their opinion of me, instead of being content with listening for HIS whisper, HIS voice. Why is it that I fall in this pit over and over and over again?

If my heart truly renounced my desire for human praise, for the approval of my peers and my need for public recognition, I would have no reason to be insecure. If my only desire was to hear HIM whisper "WELL done, my faithful servant" I would so be concentrating on hearing His voice, I would never notice the voices, the looks, the opinions of others. I would be content waiting to hear Him. Only HIS voice, HIS look, HIS opinion would matter.

Please pray for me as I seek to make Amy's heart's cry my own. I want only HIS voice to matter to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words!