Wednesday, January 11, 2012

worship...


often this is worship to me...
time marveling in and at His creation,
His faithfulness and grace,
His mighty right hand...
all done within
my heart


often this is worship to me...
time in His Word,
His love letter
 a story of sin, death and redemption
stained with the blood of His Son...
written to me


often this is worship to me...
these three entrusted to their dad and I
for only a short time, a blip on the radar...
a time to teach and admonish
and worship the Creator
not the created


often this is worship to me...
time alone
when "Peace, be still"
is said to the storm raging within...
quiet and still before the Throne




this is my favorite way to worship...
hearts that come together to join
in corporate prayer...
for He Himself promised
where 2 or 3 are gathered in His name
He is there


though I love this little one,
the daughter of a friend,
raising hands and singing
is rarely worship to me...
those who sing and dance
and make music unto the LORD
find it hard to understand


...to me, worship is 
peace... quiet...
my heart still before the Throne of Grace
and the One who sits upon it
my heart joyful
my soul glad


often this is worship to me...
the Body of Christ 
gathered together in the shadow of the Cross
each exercising the gifts and abilities
the Father has bestowed upon them...
in love