Wednesday, January 18, 2012

what if we are all wrong...

What if we/me approached life knowing and acknowledging that I am wrong rather than trying to prove I am right?

As it is written,
there is no one righteous, not even one
there is no one who understands
there is no one who seeks God.
Romans 3:10-11

Seems lately, in Christian circles {love that vague term}, so many are trying to prove their stance based on right vs. wrong in how to follow Christ, where to educate our children, how to parent, how to be married, what movies to watch, which holidays to celebrate, which version of God's Word to read, etc., etc., etc.

I'm beginning to believe we are all wrong

... because if we were right, we wouldn't fall into the trap of trying to tear down our brother/sister to build ourselves up.

My children are teaching me this lesson.  It seems as if they are constantly fighting to be right.  In the fight, they tear down their brother/sister in order to defend themselves.  In the end, this parent is left to deal with puffed up pride and hurt feelings.

It's taken 42+ years to realize I do this and my Father God is left to deal with puffed up pride and hurt feelings.  

Sin is wrong
I sin
I am wrong

This is how I want to live the rest of my days... I know I will fail miserably.

I want to be wrong so that I don't fight to be right.