Wednesday, September 08, 2010

a GREAT neurologist visit!

Before you read further in this post, please know that I did take pictures today.  I had planned a fun post of our neurologist visit with pictures of our beautiful girl.  However, those pictures are stuck inside a phone that the beautiful girl spilled a vase of flowers on.  Yep... the entire phone... soaked!  


Ironically, on the ride to the doctor's visit today, I had told Chad that I wanted to live my life better...no more freaking out over things that have no eternal value... hmmm.... perhaps this was the first test?!  While I didn't freak out and scream... I still have a long way to go in this area!


So... on to brighter topics....


We had a great visit to the neurologist today.  He was attentive, informative and completely put Ellen at ease.  After examining her and talking with us, he thinks Ellen suffers from a neuropathy palsy similar to what Chad suffers from.  He ordered blood work to confirm his diagnosis and we have a follow up appointment in two months.  He thinks Ellen will soon regain full use of her left foot.  However, this will be something she will struggle with her entire life.  I'm confident she will learn to compensate for it just as her dad has.  


Thanks to all of you for your prayers!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words!