Friday, July 09, 2010

Friday's Fave Five...


My favorite blogging time of the week has come around again... time to link up with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story for another week of Friday's Fave Five.


Here are the five things I am most thankful this week...


1) my kids... I tend to repeat myself often on listing the kids and Chad as my favorite things.  It's really because they are!  This past week, my kids have been amazing.... We've been running around for 4H.  The two older kids have shown a lot of responsibility and maturity in getting their things done and done well.  


2) my friends... this is another I've repeated over the weeks of listing my favorite things.  There was a time, in the not to distant past, when I felt alone... without friends who understood me or my choices in life.  Now, I'm not only blessed with friends but with friends who are willing to walk alongside me and encourage me.  It's only because of His great mercy that I have been blessed with a wide array of friends... different ages, different walks of life, different views but all very precious to me.


3) my church... last Sunday our church had a big church picnic after the morning service.  Once again, I was moved at how God blesses me.  He heard my prayers for a home church where Chad and I could grow in our faith and our children could as well.  As He always does, He blessed above and beyond what I could have imagined.  Yesterday I spent the day with a new friend from church.  It did my heart good to hear her testimony of how our church has met her needs and the needs of her children.  


4) 4H... This time of year, I become very overwhelmed with all that 4H entails.  However, if I allow myself to take a step back and see all that 4H offers my children... I realize, anew, how much I love that my kids are involved in it.  We have an awesome 4H club with an incredible leader who takes a personal interest in each project the kids work on.  She's amazing and we are blessed to be part of 4H with her!


5)  my God... I can not list my faves each week without thanking the One who gives me blessings.  I love the way He works in my heart and in my life and I love, even more, the way he works in the hearts and lives of my children!

2 comments:

  1. What a blessed life you have! I enjoyed reading your faves.

    btw, I also love the background for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family, friends, a church you love and a merciful, loving Father. It can't get any better than that.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!