Tuesday, July 27, 2010

foreclosed?!

Ok...I'm mortified!  Mortified to the point of considering finding a hole and crawling in it FOREVER!


Before I state the reason for the mortification... here's are my excuses...


~I've facebooked and blogged about the crazy life I lead running hither and yon... seriously, folks... I'm not kidding!


~Between 4H judging, fair and vacation, I have not been home for 3 weeks...


~I don't live in a perfect world... 


~I LOVE my man and my life... and I wouldn't trade either for the world!


... now on to the story...


(I considered posting a picture or two of this situation but was afraid of posting any physical evidence on the web)


Apparently while we were camping last week, some long time friends stopped by for a visit.  I actually knew that they were coming to town to visit mutual friends but I had no idea that they were stopping here too.  


In a perfect world, this would not be an issue.  I would, of course, be sad that I missed their visit but would be thankful that they thought to try to stop and say HI.  


However, as I said, I don't live in a perfect world...  


Instead, my world has a driveway that is being rebuilt with piles of rocks lying in wait... grass that has grown and over grown... dead trees lying in said overgrown grass waiting to go to a friend's home to provide heat and warmth this winter... and crushed cardboard boxes waiting to be burned some night when it is cool enough to build a campfire and roast hot dogs and marshmallows.


So, when said friends stopped by they seriously thought that no one lived in our house and that it was being foreclosed!  They were VERY concerned for our well-being.


... and I'm mortified!

1 comment:

  1. ouch. . .

    but at least you aren't really in that position. . .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!