Friday, February 05, 2010

a look at my Ebenezer

My blogging friend, Jess, asked me if I would be willing to post pictures of my Ebenezer... my memorial to 13 incredible years with our son, Eric.

I hope I can do one better. I hope you will be able to click on the this link and preview the book that I made for Eric (this is only a preview, you won't be able to see all the pages). I asked friends and family to write him a letter giving him advice on being a teenager or to encourage him. I was floored. Eric got over 40 letters!!! I used blurb.com and compiled all of the letters as well as different pictures of Eric and his friends into a hard bound book that he will be able to read over and over again.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of our family and friends who contributed to Eric's book. He is so blessed to have so many incredible people in his life! He read through the entire book this afternoon smiling and laughing and wiping his eyes the entire time. THANK YOU!!

Feel free to look at my Ebenezer, if you'd like. I am so proud to be this kid's mom! He is the incredible kid that he is all because of Jesus' work in his heart!!

1 comment:

  1. Heidi, thank you so much for sharing that!
    It brought me to tears. Every page was so amazing!!
    My Dad and Mom planned a big birthday bash for me when I turned 18 and as I read that book, it made me think of all the time and effort they put into that birthday celebration for me.
    You are such a great Mom! I also was brought to more tears with your husband's letter to your son. How wonderful that he took the time to write as well!!!

    Happy birthday to your not-so-little Eric!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!