Friday, May 27, 2011

Read for the Heart... the last TOS review

Over the years of homeschooling, I have fallen in love with Apologia Science.  I think it is due, in part, through the strong influence of my science teacher friend, Debbie.  Debbie taught science in the public school, had babies and opted to stay home and teach homeschool science, and now is back teaching science in our local Christian school.  Debbie and I have spent many hours discussing homeschooling, curriculum and Apologia Science.  She loves using Apologia and has convinced me to do the same!


However, did you know that Apologia has much more than just science curriculum?  I didn't!  I was blown away when I opened their website and looked at all of the options.  Even more fun than that was receiving a copy of Read for the Heart to review for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine!  


After reading through Read for the Heart, I like Apologia even more!  Read for the Heart by Sarah Clarkson is a compilation of over 1,000 terrific titles to read aloud to your children.  This book reads as a guide and directs you to finding quality literature for at home reading.  It's like having your own personal librarian!


Reading aloud has been foundational in our homeschool.  Years ago, a wise woman told me I could do nothing better for my children than to teach them about Jesus and to read aloud to them every single day.  We have gone on many adventures together from the comfort of our living room.  We've giggling through Mr. Popper's Penguins and Junie B. Jones.  We've journeyed through the prairie with Laura Ingalls Wilder and under the sea with Jules Verne.  All of these and more are fond memories for all of us.


Apologia offers Read for the Heart for $17.00 and in my opinion, regardless of where your children go to school, no Mom should be without this book.  This book is just another example of the excellence of Apologia Curriculum.


Click here to see what my other TOS Crew mates had to say.


... this will be my last review for the TOS Crew.  Thanks to Crew leaders, Heidi and Brenda, and my mini-crew leader, Heather, for a fabulous year!


**disclaimer... I was given a free copy of this book for my honest review.  I received no other compensation.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words!