Thursday, March 08, 2012

walking a fine line...

It's a fine line... 
a short step... 
a faint edge...
 between wonder and worry... 
trust me, I cross it often

first I wonder...

...what will it be like?
...what will happen?
...what if?

and before I know it...

I worry...

...what will it be like?
...what will happen?
...what if?

He woes...

..."why worry?
what does that do for you?
don't you know I've got you?

and I say...

...but, God...
do You see...?
do You know...?
do You care...?

and He replies...

...ah, child...
who cares about the wildflowers?
who cares about the birds?
who knows where the mountain goat gives birth?
I DO! 
...and yet even more
I care for you!
I see!
I know!
I care!
You may wonder, 
don't worry...

do not cross that line,
take that step,
push that edge...

trust Me, instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words!