Monday, April 30, 2012

gratitude from Pinterest...


This was floating around on facebook this weekend.  I think it originated on Pinterest but I don't know where... I don't know who gets the credit for this, I only know that I like it!


gratitude unlocks
the fullness of life
it turns what we have into 
enough and more!
it turns
denial into acceptance
chaos into clarity
problems into gifts
failures into success
the unexpected into perfect timing
and mistakes into important events
gratitude makes
sense of our past... brings peace
for today and creates a vision 
for tomorrow

Two years ago, I started following Ann... I started joining in on Multitude Monday.  I started counting gifts to change the way my heart saw things.  I took Ann's challenge to find 1000 gifts in the everyday and I was overwhelmed.  I thought that there would be NO WAY I would ever be able to count 1000 things for which I was grateful.  Instead, I was thrilled to find 100.  

I was wrong.  So wrong.  As my heart began to change, I discovered more and more gifts.  I've counted to 1000 a couple of times and I continue to count... because my heart needs to continue to change and I need to be more grateful.

~*~

On this rainy Monday morning, I'm sitting in a bowling alley with fifty jr/sr high students.  They're having a blast bowling for a fundraiser.  I watch my girl.  The one that won a year's tuition at this private school.  She's having a blast!  ... and my heart is full of gratitude to the one that provided this year for her.

...so my list continues....

...for gifts that include school
...for new friends
...for a day of fun with old friends
...for the privilege to help the ones who have helped her this year

...for a week with the one I love the most
...for all the stories from their trip to Guatemala
...for no more nights sleeping alone

...for the laughter and fun around me
...for the one who is still homeschooled
...for wisdom gifted as we continue to seek His face with their education

...for his new job
...for the thrill it gives him
...for the privilege to watch him grow up

...for this life that looks nothing like I imagined
...for the fact that it is so much better
...for dreams that are being fulfilled

...for rain
...for refreshment
...for the sound of storms in the middle of the night

...for the rain of His grace on my parched heart
...for His faithfulness in spite of my failures
...for the fact that His love is boundless and endless


1 comment:

  1. Amazing how the gifts continue on and on. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!