Monday, December 26, 2011

watching joy...

I sat behind friends at our Christmas Eve service.  I watched them share joy.  I saw her lean into him.  He leaned toward her and she whispered in his ear.  Whatever she said... it was funny to them.  They quietly chuckled, shoulders shaking in silent laughter.   


All you saints! Sing your hearts out to God!
      Thank him to his face!
   He gets angry once in a while, but across
      a lifetime there is only love.
   The nights of crying your eyes out
      give way to days of laughter.
Psalm 30:4-5 (The Message)

I held their newborn baby in awe.  Their fifth-born child.  The fourth who lives upon this earth.  I gazed at this new life in awe of  a God who answers prayer and heals hearts.  In awe of the answered prayers... mine, their's and other's.  Prayers for grace... for healing... for joy.

I sat behind them as we came together to honor the Word that became flesh for us and I thanked Him... because it is by His stripes we are all healed and it is through Him we are given joy.

I like holding newborn babies and I love watching joy.

1 comment:

Thank you for your kind words!