Wednesday, December 07, 2011

His name is JESUS!


And she will bring forth a Son, 
and you shall call His name JESUS, 
for He will save His people from their sins.
Matthew 1:21 (NKJV)


All this took place to fulfill 
what the Lord had said through the prophet: 
 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, 
and they will call him Immanuel” 
(which means “God with us”)
Matthew 1:22-23 (NIV)


I need this Jesus... this one who came to save me from my sins.  I need Immanuel... I need God with me every single minute.  I need a Savior... a Prince of Peace.  I need HIM!


Only 15 minutes into today, I came face to face with my sinfulness.  It's not a pretty way to wake up.   It started with selfishness...and a little pride...

UGH!  Can't take Emme to school because someone hit the door lock
and locked my keys in the truck... that same truck that
is parked so nice and warm in my garage.  
Why?  Can't I just get my hands around
the neck that did this?
Now I can't go anywhere today
{my concern for my own freedom overshadowed
my concern of getting Emme to school on time...}

right behind it... pride mixed with a little self-righteousness sprinkled with anger....

He did it wrong.  I knew I should have said something
last night when I saw him doing it wrong.
He only gets mad at me when I point these things out;
but, if I don't, I'm the one that suffers.
He doesn't care if I use this phone or not
but now I can't because he did it wrong!


Flipping my shoes off by the basement door, I lean on the table that holds our advent tree.  That tree on which we place a different name of Jesus each night as we spent the weeks of advent refreshing our memory of Who He is.


I wish I could say it was then and there that I threw myself at the feet of Grace and asked for forgiveness.  I wish I would respond as one to whom much grace has been given.  I wish...

Instead, I stewed and fretted.  I called for a ride for Emme to school and barely said "thank you!!"  


It wasn't until after I bathed, dressed and surfed the web this morning that I finally woke up.  I need a Mighty God... I need Immanuel... God with me.  I need this One called Jesus and I need Him continually.  Without Him I am nothing but a selfish ornery brat who throws tantrums when she doesn't get her way.


I need Him and His name is JESUS~ He came to save me from my sins!

but I can't get it to work...

thankfully, for this one time,
I am not frustrated
that this is not going the way
I had planned.
Thank You JESUS!!

1 comment:

  1. So so glad I stopped by here! This is just what I needed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind words!