Friday, August 13, 2010
Friday's Fave five... a celebration!
I've said it before... Friday's Fave Five meme with Susanne is my favorite blog meme! I look forward to reflecting on my week... thinking through blessings and finding five things for which to be most grateful.
This week marks Susanne's 100th week of Friday's Fave Five. I wish I could say I've been with her from the beginning. To the best of my recollection, this is my 13th Friday's Fave Five on Friday, the 13th.
1) AIR CONDITIONING!!! I can't tell you how thankful I am for a/c!! This week has been HOT and I hate being hot! As I get hotter, I get grumpier. So, I'm sure my family is thankful that mom has stayed cool.
2) FRIENDS WITH POOLS!! A pool is one of life's luxuries that my man will never agree to... so, I am so very thankful for generous friends who willing share their pool with us!
3) GIRLS NIGHT OUT!! Last night was one such Girls Night Out. My friend, Donna, opened her pool for Moms at 8 pm. We floated, watched the meteor shower and laughed until 12:15 a.m. Girls Night Out always makes for a shorter night of sleep but it is sooooo worth it! Thanks friends!
4) SUMMER VACATION!! I'm still holding out for some sort of summer vacation. Emily mentioned yesterday that she can't wait for winter for life to slow down. It really is that way in our home. Winter is slow and quiet and summer is on the run. Next week, I think I will have about 4 days of summer vacation at my parent's lake home with the kids... looking forward to it!! After which, we will start school.
5) TEACHING KIDS BIBLE TRUTHS!!! This week has been a lot of planning for our upcoming kids' conference which will be held on Monday. I can't wait. More to come on that one....
Thank you, Susanne, for hosting Friday Fave Five! Congratulations on your anniversary!