Saturday, March 05, 2011

mercy personified...

Mercy, personified, walked in to my house tonight.  She came in beaming... a smile stretched from ear to ear... joy radiating from deep within her.  She sat at our table and partook of our Sabbath celebration tonight.  And, tonight, gratitude was the main course and we had much, MUCH, for which to give thanks.


From her lips poured forth praise... He's been so good to me... He's been so merciful!  


Seven months ago, my friend of 16 years and dear mentor, Cindy, began a life-changing journey... the journey of breast cancer.  Yesterday, she had her last radiation treatment and tonight we celebrated with her and her husband and 16 year old son.  


Tonight my heart overflows with gratitude... so very thankful for my friend and for the end of her journey but most grateful for her testimony to the goodness of God in the land of the living.


Cindy is a walking testimony to God's mercy... she is mercy personified and I am blessed to call her friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind words!